Lemon essential oil has been used for thousands of years. It has hundreds of health benefits that have changed the lives of millions with a safer, cheaper, more natural solution for health support. Lemon essential oil is aromatically a sweet citrusy oil that is predominantly used with the digestive, respiratory, and immune systems, promoting healthy function and balance in the body.
Lemon is known as a natural detoxifying agent and is commonly used to detox and purify the body along with promoting energy production and increased liver function. Lemons are packed full of powerful antioxidants.
Where does lemon essential oil come from?
When you look at a lemon there are 3 main parts – the rind, white peeling, and the juice inside. Most people consume lemon juice for its cleansing effects and the white peeling for its nutrients. But the rind of the plant has incredible healing properties. Lemon essential oil is produced from the rind of the lemon. If you have ever juiced a lemon, you have probably felt oil on your hands afterwards. This is the essential oil.
Did you know that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce a kilo of lemon essential oil?
If it takes 3,000 lemons to produce 1 kilo of lemon essential oil how beneficial could a couple of drops of lemon essential oil be to your life? In this article, I’m going to share my top 20 uses of lemon essential oil. There are thousands more than you can incorporate in your life too.
1. Maintain healthy pH of the body. Lemon essential oil is one of the most alkalizing foods on the planet. Maintaining an alkaline pH is essential for our bodies to function properly and to ward off unwanted negative effects in the body.
2. Supports healthy blood flow. The high levels of potassium in lemon oil assist in maintaining a healthy heart. Simply adding 3 drops of lemon oil to your glass of water each time you fill it can aid in maintaining a healthy heart.
3. Whitens teeth. Lemon oil is often used as a natural at home teeth whitener which promotes gum health. Try adding a drop of lemon essential oil to your teeth directly or your toothbrush.
4. Supports weight management. Lemon essential oil is magic in a bottle for weight management. Lemon essential oil helps promote the lipolysis or the breakdown of unwanted fat. Try rubbing a few drops of lemon essential oil onto unwanted troubled areas.
5. Natural wood polish. Add 15 drops of lemon oil to half a cup of olive oil to create a natural, toxin-free food polish.
6. Repairs and improves skin. Lemon help tighten and brighten skin tone by stimulating the production of amino acids into collagen. Collagen retains the skin’s elasticity, keeping the wrinkles at bay. The antioxidant properties of lemon oil also supports healthy cells which can be responsible for aging.
7. Freshens breath. The cleansing qualities of lemon oil freshen and clean your breath. Add 3 drops of lemon oil to a cup of warm water in the morning to start your day with long-lasting fresh breath.
8. Detoxifies the liver. The properties that are found in lemon oil is a powerful, natural detox agent that promotes healthy liver function and removes toxins.
9. Furniture Polish. Simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes. Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
10. Seasonal Respiratory Discomfort. Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
11. Silver Polish. Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals. This will also help create an uplifting environment in the area.
12. Assists concentration. Add a dab to your shirt collar or diffuse in an essential oil diffuser while working or studying.
13. Helps support a healthy immune system. The Vitamin C in lemon oil is vital for helping against environmental threats. Diffuse in the room or add a drop to your pillow to help boost the immune system.
14. Increases energy. A cup of warm lemon water in the morning is a great alternative to coffee when starting your day. The essential oil helps restore your body to a natural balance, increasing overall energy by not relying on caffeinated drinks.
15. Assists healthy GI tract. Dilute 1 drop of lemon essential oil to 5-10 drops of coconut oil and massage over the abdomen to support healthy gastrointestinal function.
16. Promotes healthy digestion. Lemon has a similar atomic structure to that the stomach’s digestive juices, meaning it has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. Lemon oil helps cleanse the bowel by improving waste flushing and promoting the release of gastric juices.
17. Reduces greasy/ oily hair. Take advantage of lemon oils alkalizing properties to aid your greasy hair by adding a drop to your existing shampoo each time you shower.
18. Helps hangovers. The next time you need something to help a hangover run a warm bath and add a few drops of lemon oil. Soak in the tub until your hangover fades away.
19. Promotes relaxation. A few drops of lemon oil in a diffuser can do wonders in promoting relaxation and balance.
20. Helps throat minor irritations and dry throats. Add a drop to the water that you drink throughout the day. You can also gargle with warm water, sea salt, and a drop of lemon essential oil.
Have you incorporated lemon essential oil into your life? The effects of lemon essential oil are amazing and can drastically improve your health. What do you use lemon essential oil for? Let me know in the comments!