The seven chakras are the centers in our bodies in which energy flows through. The word Chakra is derived from the Sanskrit language meaning spinning vortexes of energy. These vortexes or pools of energy, lie within our physical bodies. Each of us is born with a set of spiritual colors and energies. Our physical body consists of mainly cells which have a vibration level and give off certain types and amounts of energy. Our chakras and our auras all come with specific spiritual colors to each of our vibrations. The 7 main chakras are each connected to a major organ in our body and along our spine. The chakras are our power stations in our body, and are responsible for distribution of our energy throughout the body.
Blocked energy in our seven chakras can often lead to illness, so it’s important to understand what each chakra represents, and what organ each chakra is connected to, and what we can do to keep our energy flowing freely.
1. Root, also known as The Base Chakra — This chakra represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. Our Root chakra helps with the adrenal gland, hysteria, exhaustion and our survival instinct.
*The Root Chakra is located at the base of spine in our tailbone area.
*The Root Chakra helps with emotional issues, including Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
2. Sacral Chakra — This chakra is our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. The Sacral Chakra aids our intestines, bladder, prostate and womb, and assists in our sexuality.
*The Sacral Chakra is located in our lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in, and often said to be in the ovaries and testes.
*The Sacral Chakra helps with our emotional issues such as our sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra — The Solar Plexus Chakra is our ability to be confident and in control of our lives. The Solar Plexus helps with our Pancreas, stomach and gallbladder, and also aids in our management of anger and resentment.
*The Solar Plexus chakra is located in our upper abdomen in the stomach area, and all in our digestive system.
*The Solar Plexus helps with our emotional issues such as our self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra — The Heart Chakra is our ability to love. The Heart Chakra helps with dealing with feelings of betrayal, trust, codependency, and even high blood pressure.
*The Heart Chakra is located at the center of our chest, just above the heart.
*The Heart Chakra helps with our emotional issues such as love, joy and inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra — The Throat chakra aids in our ability to communicate. It can also aid in asthma and high blood pressure, as well as our feeling of perfection.
*The Throat Chakra is located in our neck and throat area.
*The Throat Chakra deals with our emotional issues such as communication, self-expression of feelings and of speaking the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra — Our Third Eye chakra is our ability to focus on, and see, the big picture.
*The Third Eye chakra is located in our forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
*The Third Eye chakra deals with emotional issues such as intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
*The Third Eye chakra also helps with the pituitary, headaches and neurological processes.
7. Crown Chakra — The Crown Chakra is the highest chakra and represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
*The Crown Chakra is located at the very top of the head.
*The Crown Chakra helps with emotional issues including our Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
*The Crown Chakra also helps with pineal and cerebral cortex.
8. Auras — While most people identify and address mainly the above 7 listed chakras, it has often been said that our 8th chakra is our Aura. Our aura is located in the outer layer of our body and helps with pineal and cerebral cortex. Our Aura can be defined as a field of energy or light that surrounds every physical body on this planet, and can come with specific spiritual colors.
Essential oils are the fragrance and immune cells of different plants and herbs, and they can be used to help balance, heal, and highten the vibration of each chakra. Just as color, sound and stones have a certain resonance with the Chakras, so do the essential oils of different plants. Always choose Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils such as doTERRA, and then choose the fragrance that may be the most appealing and pleasing to you at certain times. doTERRA recommends that you blend the pure essential oil with a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil, and massage into your feet, down your spine or in your chakra area of need. Diffusing essential oils is also a great way to achieve aromatherapy on a cellular level for your body, including your chakras. Your chakras can cleanse, clear and become more open, with trying the following list of essential oils.
Your aura can also benefit from essential oils, or from an Aura cleanse with essential oils. Your aura is your electromagnetic field, and is literally a magnet for energy. As the aura attracts other positive energy, it can also be weighed down by someone else’s negative energy that you may come into contact with throughout the day. The energy that we each emit in our engergetic field, is a reflection of each of our emotional, physical, mental and spiritual states. Energy within a healthy, happy person will be bright and strong and have a high vibration frequency, while negative energy will emit at a lower vibration and a darker color. But these unhealthy, negative energies can be cleansed away with doTERRA essential oils Lavender, Rosemary, Frankincense, and Vetiver.
The most direct way to use doTERRA essential oils, whether cleansing chakras or your aura, is to blend your needed essential oil with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil, and then directly applied to the skin above the Chakra you wish to treat. The oils can also be rubbed into your feet, down your spine, on your wrists or the back of your neck. The oils can also be rubbed into your palms, and then deeply inhaled through your nose, for the dispensing of an aromatic treatment. Essential oils can be used to treat your entire environment through diffusing the oils in a doTERRA diffuser.