With Mother’s Day coming up this month, I’ve been thinking about how grateful I am for my wonderful Mother. I can only imagine what my life would be like without her. For those of you who know my story (https://www.allisonhuish.com/my-story/), you know how incredible my mom is. She has lovingly cared for me through all of my health struggles. Not only this, but she continually sets an example for me to look up to.
I remember when I was first diagnosed with my brain tumor. It was my mom who was the one who told me this news, with tears in her eyes. She stood by my side through every MRI and every doctors visit. After my surgery we would go on nightly walks to help me regain strength and to work on the balance issues that were caused from my surgery. My mom would hold my hand to help me stay balanced during these walks. She truly was there for me every step of the way in so many different areas of my life.
I think this Mother’s day is the perfect time to show your mothers how much you love and care for them. They have the hardest and most important job in the world! That’s why I love doTERRA’s new Mother’s Day Harmony collection. It is the perfect gift to show your mother how much they mean to you.
The doTERRA Harmony Aroma Handcraft Collection features three unique essential oils: Green Mandarin, Pink Pepper, and Star Anise. Your mom can combine these oils in one of more than 30 blend recipes to create your own signature scent (recipes included with the kit). These expert tips and tricks in the recipe book will guide you as you take the journey of becoming an essential oil aroma connoisseur.
This kit includes:
- 5mL Green Mandarin
- 5mL Pink Pepper
- 5mL Star Anise
- 10 pipettes
- 2 empty 10mL roller bottles
- Recipe booklet with write-on labels
Once I tell you about each of the oils you’ll understand why I am so excited to give a set to my mom! (I’m pretty excited about getting one for myself too!):
Green Mandarin Oil
Green Mandarin essential oil is distilled from the unripened fruit of the mandarin tree, while Red Mandarin essential oil (last year’s citrus oil for Mother’s day) comes from a more mature fruit.
Benefits & Uses
- Naturally clean the surfaces in your home by diluting the oil in a spray bottle. Enjoy the citrusy scent around the home.
- Supports healthy nervous, digestive, and respiratory systems
- Take one to two drops to help support healthy immune function and response.
- Diffuse with Basil, Sandalwood, Lavender, or Spearmint to experience the positive emotional benefits of these essential oils.
The pink peppercorn, while similar in appearance to black peppercorn apart from the color, is closely related to cashews. The “molle,” or pink peppercorn tree, was considered a sacred tree to ancient Incans. Indigenous populations used all parts of the tree, including the pink peppercorn fruit, as herbal solutions to health needs.
Benefits & Uses
- Create a soothing massage by combining one to two drops with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- May help calm and soothe the nervous system when taken internally.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to promote feelings of alertness.
- Blend with citrus or floral oils to create an invigorating aroma.
- May help promote healthy cellular immune function and response.
The star anise tree is an evergreen indigenous to southeastern Asia. Usually, the trees grow only 14-20 feet high, but they can reach up to 65 feet. In Chinese culture, the plant is called “eight-horned anise” or simply “eight horns,” referring to the usually eight-follicled fruit. Anethole, the main chemical component of Star Anise, is what creates the characteristic licorice aroma that Star Anise essential oil and fruit are known for.
Benefits & Uses
- Put 1-2 drops of Star Anise essential oil in tea to support healthy digestion.
- Dilute a drop or two of Star Anise oil with dōTERRAFractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing massage.
- Take a drop or two internally to promote relaxing feelings.
- Blend with floral or wood oils to create a grounding and emotionally balancing experience.
These products are only available while supplies last! So get them before they run out! And to all the extraordinary Mothers out there, Happy Mother’s Day and thank you for all that you do!