With doTERRA Convention time just around the corner, we all need to be thinking about our why, our reasons for building our doTERRA business, our reasons for sharing with others, and our love for learning more, and being inspired during our annual convention in Salt Lake City, Utah.
There is just no comparison to what convention can do for you and your team. Even though many of you may be ranks such as Executive, Elite, or even Silver, and it may seem hard to justify the financial purchase of a convention ticket, plane tickets or hotel stay, but please don’t have second thoughts. Please go. Don’t cancel your trip. Don’t miss out on the beauty and love at the annual doTERRA convention. Make every effort to go, and to be there, and prepare for a real, life changing event. You will walk away feeling more inspired than you ever imagined. Convention will change your thoughts, your business, your team, and your life. This is really where the magic happens!
With that being said, here is a list of my top tips for you as you are planning for convention
- REST UP! Make sure you get plenty of sleep the week before convention, eat well, and take your supplements. You want to be feeling your best when you arrive.
- Dress: Business Casual with good walking shoes — you’ll be walking a lot!
- Bring lots of snacks with you and if you can, stock your mini fridge in your hotel room. You will have 2 hours for lunch each day, but you need to expect to wait and stand in line at any nearby restaurants, as there will be 1000’s of others getting lunch at the exact same time.
- Coffee shops open later in Salt Lake City, so your best bet is to either make your own coffee in your room, or to grab your coffee in your hotel lobby before you leave in the morning.
- Do not forget to bring your empty water bottle to fill during the day.
- Backpacks will be given to each person, so plan on getting one when you register, to carry your stuff in during convention. You won’t need your purse or any other bag, since you’ll be getting the backpack.
- Be sure to bring your portable phone charger. Your phone will most definitely run out of battery and its really nice to be able to charge it while you are out and about. You can get them fairly inexpensive off amazon, but in the past, they have also had them available at convention for around $20.
- Don’t forget to bring your vitamins and your Mito2Max! You will want to feel your best, and you’ll want that boost of energy every single day!
- You will be walking a good bit, so please wear comfortable shoes and clothes. And try to wear cool clothes, as it will certainly be hot in Salt Lake City in September, but don’t miss my point #10 below.
- Get your shopping done early in the Swag store, like as soon as it opens to the public, because boy, do they sell out fast. All the cool stuff will be gone on the first day. You won’t want to miss out on the good swag!
- Convention Kit — there will be a convention kit released on day 1. This kit will contain all of the new products and *should* contain a Birch essential oil. Birch can only be acquired from the convention kits
- Be sure you plan to leave extra room in your suitcase for traveling home with the things you purchase at convention. You may have a convention kit, and lots of essential oil supplies from AromaTools, the Swag store, and other shops too.
- Bring a light jacket or a sweater with you. It can get chilly during , but having a jacket with you will help you stay comfortable.
- Bring someone with you to the Expo center and the AromaTouch® booth. If you want to try the hand technique, you need to have a partner with you, and trust me, you are going to want to experience the hand technique!
- Transportation – there is no need to get a car in Utah. At the Salt Lake Airport you can take the trax that will take you straight downtown (green line). Uber and Lyft are also easy and popular options. Parking is expensive and will add hours to your day so I wouldn’t suggest a car.
- Tour the doTERRA Global Campus on Wednesday. Go on a tour on Wednesday, anytime from 8 AM to 4 PM. Buses will depart hourly from Salt Lake City to Pleasant Grove, Utah where the doTERRA Global Campus is located. Please plan for at least three hours to complete the tour from departure to return. The first bus will depart at 8:00 AM and the last will depart at 3:00 PM.
- Read your convention booklet that you receive when you register. There are maps of convention, lists of restaurants and bars, a notes section, a schedule, and lots of other helpful information.
- Talk to people. Convention is an amazing time to build relationships with people on your team and those cross line. Get to know people, ask them to share an oil experience, over lunch share what’s been working to build the business.
- Plan to have a GREAT time! You will have tons of fun. You will learn an incredible amount of information, and you will leave feeling more inspired than you can imagine.
So in conclusion, please come to convention, and please come prepared. Bring your oils, rollerbottles, vitamins, comfy clothes and shoes, and bring your A-game. Convention is such a blast, and it really should NEVER be missed!
What to Expect
- Wednesday: optional business training done by various leaders. If you haven’t already signed up for one talk to those you’re rooming with to see what there plans are. You can also take a tour of the corporate office (highly recommend!)
- Thursday: convention during the day, evening is the Block party
- Friday: convention during the day, evening are team parties. Here is the team party our upline (Laura Jacobs) is host at the Utah State Fairgrounds.
- Saturday: convention during the day, evening is on your own. Plan on dinner and hanging out with both new and old friends!